Inspection Results Tool Window
- You can access the tool window this way only when it is already opened through .
- After you deactivate the tool window manually by clicking the Close button , the tool window is available again only through .
The Inspection Results tool window displays inspection results on separate tabs.
The left-hand pane of each tab shows a tree view of the inspections for which problems are found. The right-hand pane shows summary information for an item selected in the left-hand pane.
On this page:
|Ctrl+F5||Click this button to run the inspection and show the results on the same tab.|
|Ctrl+Shift+F4||Click this button to close the current tab or the tool window.|
|Ctrl+NumPad Plus||Expand all nodes|
|Ctrl+NumPad -||Collapse all nodes|
|Ctrl+Alt+Down||Navigate to the next item.|
|Ctrl+Alt+Up||Navigate to the previous item.|
|F1||Use this icon or shortcut to open the corresponding help page.|
|If this toggle is on, the problems are grouped into Errors and Warnings. Otherwise, the problems are grouped by inspections.|
|Turns grouping by directories on or off.|
|When this toggle is on, the resolved and excluded items are not shown.|
|Turns the Autoscroll to source option on or off. When the option is on and you select an item, the corresponding source file opens in the editor and the appropriate fragment is highlighted.|
|Click this button to export the inspection results into XML or HTML format.|
|Click this button to edit the current inspection settings.|
|Alt+Enter||Click this button to resolve the problem for the selected inspection item by choosing one of the available quick fixes from the list.|
Context menu commands
|Jump to Source||F4||Open the file that contains the selected problem in the editor and place the cursor at the beginning of the corresponding code fragment.|
|Exclude||Delete||Exclude the selected items from further examination. Excluded nodes are shown strikethrough. If the filter toggle is on, the excluded nodes are hidden.|
|Include||Insert||Include previously excluded items in the list of results. All nested subelements are included too.|
|Alt+Enter||Select one of the suggested solutions.|
Suppress problem for class
|Suppress the inspection for the selected problem or the selected class.|
|Edit Settings||Change the settings for the selected inspection or group of inspections in the Errors dialog.|
|Disable inspection|| Disable alerts for the selected inspection in the active tab of results. If the filter toggle is on, the nodes for disabled inspections are hidden. |
See also, .
|Run inspection on||Rerun the selected inspection and display the results on a new tab.|
The inspection report is shown in the right-hand pane of the results tab when an inspection node is selected in the left-hand pane. The report may include the following:
- Problem resolution: A button for each of the available solutions. Clicking a button invokes the corresponding fix. If no buttons are present, you have to fix the problem yourself.
- Suppress: Click this button to reveal the list of inspection suppress options.
- Problem synopsis: A brief description of the problem.
- Disable inspection: Disable alerts for the selected inspection in the active tab of results. If the filter toggle is on, the nodes for disabled inspections are hidden.
See also, .
- Run inspection on...: Rerun the selected inspection and display the results on a new tab.