Favorites Tool Window
The Favorites tool window lets you manage the following lists:
- Favorite project items. Each list of Favorites in the tool window appears with the star icon .
- Bookmarks. The list of bookmarks is marked with icon.
- Breakpoints. The list of breakpoints is marked with icon.
Initially, the lists are empty. So doing, the favorites list has the same name as the project.
The lists of bookmarks and breakpoints are filled in automatically, as the new bookmarks or breakpoints are added.
To add items to favorites, do one of the following:
- Select one or more items in the Project Tool Window or the Find tool window. Then choose File | Add To Favorites.
- Right-click an editor tab, and choose or .
|Alt+Insert||Use this button to create a new list of favorite items. In the Add New Favorites List dialog, specify the name for the new list and click OK.|
|Ctrl+Enter||Click this button to rename the selected list.|
|Alt+Delete||Use this button to delete the selected list or list item. |
Depending on the selection, the following behaviors take place:
Context menu commands
When you right-click an item in the content pane, the context menu for this item is shown. This menu provides access to all the functions available for the selected item.
The commands and functionally are similar to those in the Project tool window.
Title bar context menu and buttons
You can right-click on the window title bar and use the context menu to configure its viewing mode, associate the window with a different tool window bar, or resize and hide the window.
You can also use the toolbar buttons:
|Ctrl+NumPad -||Use this button to collapse all expanded nodes in the current view.|
|Click this button to access a subset of the context menu commands that let you configure window's viewing mode.|
|Shift+Escape||Use this command to hide the tool window. You can also use it in combination with the Alt key to hides all tool windows attached to the same tool window bar.|
Context menu of the side bar button
Right-click the side bar button to reveal this context menu. Refer to the section Tool Windows Viewing Modes for the detailed information about the viewing modes.
|Use this command to turn the Show Members option on or off. |
If this option is on, the class members (fields, methods, etc.) are shown.
|Use this command to turn the Autoscroll to Source option on or off. |
If this option is on, GoLand automatically navigates from a file (or a class member) selected in the Favorites tool window to the corresponding source file (or its fragment) in the editor. If the corresponding file is not currently open, it will open automatically.
|Use this command to turn the Autoscroll from Source option on or off. |
If this option is on, GoLand automatically navigates from a file (or a class member) selected in the editor, to the corresponding file in the Favorites tool window.
You can use drag-and-drop to:
- Add items to favorites: drag the item of interest from the Project tool window and drop it onto the desired favorites list in the Favorites tool window.
- Drag an external item from the Explorer/Finder and drop it onto the desired favorites list in the Favorites tool window.
- Move an item from one favorites list to another in the Favorites tool window.