GoLand brings powerful support for HTML that includes syntax and error highlighting, formatting according to the code style, structure validation, code completion, on-the-fly preview during a debugging session (Live Edit), and much more.
HTML specification is configurable with the Default HTML language level preference on thepage of GoLand settings (Ctrl+Alt+S). By default, specification HTML 5.0 from W3C is assumed.
Creating an HTML file
- On the main menu, choose HTML File in the pop-up list. GoLand creates a stub file based on the HTML file template and opens it in the editor. , and then choose
Generating references in an HTML file
GoLand can generate
<img> tags inside
<img> tags, GoLand also generates the
Previewing output of an HTML file in a browser
You can preview a file with Web contents in the GoLand default browser or in the one of your choice.
To open the page preview in the default browser
- Open the file in the editor and choose on the main menu.
To open the page preview in a browser of your choice
- Open the file in the editor, choose on the main menu, and select the desired browser from the pop-up menu.
- Alternatively, hover your mouse pointer over the code to show the browser icons bar, and click the icon that indicates the desired browser:
Viewing HTML source code of a web page in the editor
- Choose .
- In the Open URL dialog box that opens, type the URL address of the web page or choose a previously opened URL from the list.
Viewing embedded images
To view an image in GoLand
- Select the image file in the Project tool window, and choose on the context menu of the selection or press F4.
- Alternatively, place the cursor at the reference to the image in the editor, and choose on the context menu or press Ctrl+B
To view an image in an external editor
- Configure the path to the external editor on the Images page ( for Windows and Linux or for macOS).
- Select the image file in the Project tool window, and choose or press Ctrl+Alt+F4.
Extracting an include file
<script> tags can also be extracted.
- In the editor, select the code block to be extracted and choose on the main menu or on the context menu of the selection.
- In the Extract Include File dialog box that opens, specify the name of the target include file in the Name for extracted include file text box.
- In the Extract to directory text box, specify the directory to store the include file in. Leave the predefined directory or choose another one.
- Click OK, when ready. GoLand extracts the selected source code into the specified file in the target directory and generates the corresponding reference in the source file.
Project-wide code completion for CSS classes
GoLand first suggests classes and ids from the style tag and linked files. But if no matching results are found, GoLand also suggests symbols defined in all stylesheet files in the project. To see all classes and ids defined in the project straight away, before you start typing, press Ctrl+Space twice.