Configure Version Control Options
Configuring General VCS Settings
General version control settings apply to all version control systems integrated with GoLand. General settings are specified on the Version Control page of the Settings dialog, and include defining actions that require confirmation, background operations, ignored files, issue navigation, and depth of history.
Configure general version control settings
In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), click Version Control. The Version Control page opens.
Specify which version control related actions should require confirmation.
Specify which operations should be performed in the background.
Configure history cache handling.
Define issue navigation rules to switch from check-in comments to corresponding issues in a bug tracking system.
Specify which actions should require confirmation
You can define that certain version control related activities should be performed only upon confirmation from your side. The activities for which confirmation is required are specified in the Confirmation settings page.
In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), under the Version Control node, select the Confirmation page.
- In the Files Creation/Deletion area, define how files created or deleted in GoLand should be added to or removed from a version control system. The available options are:
Show options before adding to version control
Do not add
- In the Display options dialog when these commands are invoked area, specify the commands, for which you want GoLand to display the Options dialog. The available options are:
Get Latest Version
Undo Check Out
- Configure additional settings for working with changelists by selecting or clearing the corresponding checkboxes:
Specify whether the read-only state of files should require explicit cancellation.
Specify whether meaningful comments on committing files to the repository should be required.
Specify whether uncommitted changes should be moved to another changelist.
Specify whether and how to create a changelist if the commit operation fails.
Specify the operations to run in the background
You can enable background execution of certain version control related activities. These activities are specified in the Background settings page.
Below the In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), under the Version Control node, select the Background page.
- Enable background execution of the necessary actions by selecting the corresponding checkboxes. Background execution can be set for the following actions:
Configure history cache handling
In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), under the Version Control node, select the Background page.
- Set the cache scope. Depending on the version control system you are using, do one of the following:
Specify the maximum number of changelists to be stored in the cache.
Specify the maximum number of days for a changelist to be stored in the cache.
Specify whether and how often (in minutes) you want your version control system to refresh the cache.
Configuring VCS-specific settings
Certain settings are applicable to the version control systems assigned to the whole project, or its directories. The others are related to the selected version control systems. Use the respective VCS pages under the VCSs node of the Settings dialog to define VCS-specific settings.