Node.js and NPM
for Windows and Linux
This page appears in the Settings dialog box, when the Node.js plugin is enabled. The plugin is not bundled with GoLand, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Managing Plugins.
|Node interpreter|| In this field, specify the default Node.js interpreter for the current project. GoLand will automatically use it every time you select the |
Project alias from Node Interpreter lists when creating run/debug configurations or configuring Node.js-dependent tools, for example, Prettier or Yeoman.
Choose the interpreter from the drop-down list or from the dialog that opens when you click . If you choose
node, the system Node.js version is used.
|Version||This read-only field shows the current version of Node.js.|
http, and other core modules that are compiled into the Node.js binary.
When the configuration is completed, GoLand displays information about the currently configured version.
Configure the scope in which the Node.js Core sources are treated as libraries:
- Click Manage scopes. The Usage Scope dialog opens.
- Click the relevant directories, and for each of them select the newly configured Node.js Core library from the list.
| Packages || The Packages area shows a list of all the NPM-dependent packages that are currently installed on your computer. |
- Package: this read-only field shows the name of a package, exactly as it should be referenced if you were installing it in the command line mode.
- Version: this read-only field shows the version of the package installed on your computer.
- Latest: this read-only field shows the latest released version of the package. If a package is not up-to-date, it is marked with a blue arrow .
- Click to have a new package installed. In the Available Packages dialog box that opens, select the relevant package. To have the package installed globally, select the Options checkbox and type
-g in the Options text box. Global installation makes the package available at the GoLand level so it can be used in any GoLand project. Click Install Package when ready.
- Click to have the selected package removed.
- Click to have the current version of the selected package replaced with the latest released version. The button is enabled only when the selected project is not up-to-date.
Last modified: 15 August 2018
Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines: