Configuring Access for a User Account
In JetBrains Hub access permissions for a user account are granted via user roles.
It is important also to distinguish permissions to perform certain operations within Hub itself, and service-specific permissions — permissions to perform.
Permissions are granted within a project, and are applied to all relevant resources in this project. That is: If a project contains, for example, Project A in YouTrack and Project B in TeamCity, then YouTrack-specific permissions will be applied to Project A only, and TeamCity-specific permissions — to Project B.
User account can either be granted access permissions individually or inherits permissions from the user groups of which he is a member.
- Viewing Access Permissions of an Account
- Granting Access to an Account
Viewing Access Permissions of an Account
- Open the Access tab of an Account Profile. Here you can view which roles and permissions are assigned to the account.
- Switch between three views to see the various slices of the access configuration of the account:
- Access rights by project — see to which projects the account has the access.
- Roles — see the list of roles granted to the account. Select the role to view in which project it was granted and by what means (e.g. the account is a member of the New Users group, and thus inherits the role).
- Permissions — see the whole set of permissions granted to the account. Select a permission to view by which role it was granted.
Granting Access to an Account
In addition to granting permissions via groups, you can assign roles or permissions to users individually.
Granting a Role to an Account
To assign an individual role to a user:
- Open Users list.
- Search for the desired user account in the search box.
- In the list of found users, locate a desired account and click its name to open the account profile.
- Open the Access tab and click +Grant Access....
- In the Grant Access dialog, choose a role to assign to the user.
- Select one or several projects where you want to apply the role.
- Select an option how the role should be assigned (for example, via creating a new user group and adding current account to it, or by selecting an existing one).
- Click Grant Access button.
Open the Permissions View tab for the list of specific permissions that the user is granted via his/her own roles or group memberships.
Granting a Permission to an Account
To grant a permission to an account:
- In the Administration area, click Users.
- Find a user entry using the search box.
- In the list of found users, locate a user that you want to assign a role to, and click its name to open the account profile.
- Open the Access tab.
- Click +Grant Access... button.
- In the Grant Access dialog, switch to Permission view.
- Select permission to grant to the account in the drop-down list. Start typing the permission's name to narrow the list.
- Select projects to which the permission must be applied.
- Select an option how the permission should be assigned (for example, via creating a new user group and adding current account to it, or by selecting an existing one).
- Click Grant Access button.