Installing Hub with ZIP Distribution
Hub ZIP is a cross-platform distribution. It allows installing and running Hub on MS Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
The installation procedures for all operation systems are similar. The major difference between installing Hub is the
for MS Windows and
for Linux and Mac OS, and the tool which you use to start the installation script:
- MS Windows — Command line tool
- Linux — Command line console
- OS X — Terminal
To install Hub using ZIP distribution:
- Download Hub distribution from our site.
- Select a directory which will be used as the home directory for your Hub server. Unzip the downloaded ZIP file to this folder.
- In a command line tool, change directory to
<Hub home directory>/bin.
- Run Hub with the
./hub.sh runcommand. The web-based Configuration Wizard will be opened in your default browser. It will help you set up and start your new Hub.
- Provide the main System Settings of the Hub service:
- Base URL: the URL by which the Hub server will be accessible to the end-users.
- Application Listen Port: the default port that Hub will use for HTTP communications.
- In the Advanced Settings section, you can configure location of the
Hub system directories: directories to store Hub's database, database backups, logs, and temporary files.
When done, click Next to configure User Management settings.
- In the User Management section, specify the password for the default system
- Send usage statistics anonymously - keep this option selected to help us make Hub better. We never share collected data with any third party.
- Click Next to review your Hub license. At the moment, Hub is free and you can use it without limitations in number of users When done, click Install.