The brand new Dashboard is the most convenient way to get a grip of the current status of your tasks and overview your team progress.
Dashboard comes bundled with Hub. To open Dashboard while from any other service interconnected through the same Hub, click the Services Menu icon in the top-right corner of the header, next to your avatar icon.
Dashboard supports the following types of widgets:
- YouTrack Issues
- YouTrack Reports
- Upsource Review
- Upsource Commits
- Quick Notes
The actual list of available widget types depends on which services (applications) are connected to Hub. That is: if only a tracker is connected, then only Issues and Reports widgets will be available.
About reports widgets
Report widgets differ slightly from other widget types due to the fact that they can use only already existing reports. You can add to Dashboard only those reports that you own (that is: reports you have created) or those shared with you. You cannot create a new report within a widget.
Thus, if you need to add a report that is not available in the reports list of the widget:
- Open Reports section of YouTrack.
- Create a report that you need.
- Add a new widget with the created report to Dashboard.
Refreshing widget contents
All widgets on Live Dashboard are refreshed automatically every 10 minutes.
However, for Reports widgets it does not lead to actually recalculating the report. Recalculation settings for a report are taken from the reports parameters. For example, if a report is set to be recalculated daily, then on Dashboard the report's widget will be refreshed every 10 minutes remaining with the old data, and only once a day will be recalculated according to its settings.
For the so called 'quick reports' which do not have recalculation period settings, the widget will recalculate the report's data each 10 minutes while refreshing.
If you need to recalculate a report in a widget, click the refresh button in the widget's title bar.
For the other types of widgets, clicking the refresh button will reload the widget's data.
Adding new widgets
To add a new widget to Dashboard:
- Open Dashboard.
- Click the Add Widget button and select the type of widget to create in the drop-down list.
- In the new widget form, configure the widget's parameters: provide a serch query to narrow the results displayed in the new widget, and other parameters that vary depending on the widget type. If you have several similar-type applications connected to the same Hub service (e.g. two YouTrack instances), you will need to select the service to get the data from.
- When done, click Save to place the new widget on your Dashboard.
Organizing your dashboard
To organize your dashboard, all you have to do is drag the widgets around the dashboard and place them in the order you like. That's it.
Other operations with widgets
To update contains of a widget, click the update icon in the widget's title bar.
To open the list of operations available for the current widget, click the chevron icon in its title bar:
To share a widget with your team-mates:
- Click the chevron icon in its title bar, then select the Share option
- Copy the URL from the displayed dialog, and send it to your team-mates.
To clone a widget,click the chevron icon in its title bar, then select the Clone option. A copy of the widget will be placed on to your Dashboard. This option comes handy when you wish to quickly add similar widgets with minor differences: you clone a widget and adjust it settings.
To edit an existing widget:
- Click the chevron icon in the right corner of its title bar.
- Make necessary changes and click Save to update the widget.
To remove an existing widget:
- Click the chevron icon in the widget's title bar to start editing.
- Click Remove button and then confirm deleting the widget.