Hub as SAML Identity Provider for Zendesk
When you configure your Hub server as the Identity Provider for your Zendesk instance, your users can log into Zendesk with their credentials in Hub or any other authentication module.
This configuration also enables single-sign-on. When a user logs into one of the services that is connected to Hub, they are logged into all connected services.
- You must have administrative privileges in both Zendesk and Hub.
- An email address of the Hub administrator account that you use to configure SAML 2.0 for Zendesk must differ from the email of the Zendesk instance owner. Otherwise, you might end-up in the redirecting loop when you test the SAML configuration.
- Hub administrator account must have a verified email address.
Configuring your Zendesk Instance
- In your Zendesk instance, open the page.
- Select the End-Users tab.
We describe how to set up Hub to authenticate end-users with SAML. However, you can set up Hub to authenticate Zendesk Agents, as well. To do so, select the Agents tab and provide the same parameters as described in the next step.
- Enable Single-sign-on option, select SAML, and configure the parameters:
- In Hub, open the tab.
- Click the Register service provider... button.
- In the dialog, enter the parameters of your Zendesk instance: