Introduction to Hub
JetBrains Hub is a web-based application that provides:
- User authorization and user management across all of the services and applications that are connected to it. When a user logs in to a Hub-connected service, Hub verifies the username and password and provides access according to the permissions that are available to the account.
- Single sign-on (SSO) for users to access all services connected to Hub.
- Centralized management for the information that is stored for a user in the connected services, including login credentials and permissions, group membership and access levels that are defined by granted roles and permissions. This information is used by the Hub-connected services to decide which features are available to a user and which operations this user is allowed to perform.
- A Project Wizard for managing projects that user resources in one or more of the connected services.
- A Dashboard that displays a range of widgets that you can use to monitor user tasks and the progress of your development team.
What's New in Hub 2.0
With the release of Hub 2.0, you can enjoy the following features and enhancements:
|Database Backup||You can manually create a backup copy of your Hub database and system settings. Use this feature to save and archive copies of your database.|
|Dashboard Sharing||You can create and configure a dashboard and share it with one or more groups of users in Hub. It's a great way to make sure that your project teams are on the same page.|
|SAML Support||You can now use Hub as a SAML 2.0 IdP (Identity Provider). This feature lets you use Hub for authorization in external services such as Zendesk, Google Apps for Work, Artifactory, and more.|
|Per-user Service Licenses||Hub explicitly associates a user with a license to a connected service. Licenses are no longer calculated using a service-permission scheme. This feature helps you avoid issues when you connect YouTrack and Upsource with different license plans to Hub, for example a YouTrack 100-user license and an Upsource 10-user license.|
|New Permissions Interface||The interface that you use to manage permissions for roles in Hub has been updated. The new Permissions tab lets you manage permissions separately for each service that is connected to Hub.|
|Password Policy||The Hub authentication module lets you set a password policy that is enforced every time users create or change the password for their hub accounts.|
Last modified: 19 September 2016