On this page:
- Multiple Dashboards
- Shared Dashboards
- Organize a Dashboard
- Additional Actions for Dashboards
- Additional Actions for Widgets
The dashboard is shown by default when you log in to Hub. There is also a default dashboard that you can use to display information to guest users. For more information, see Default Dashboard.
The dashboard displays widgets on cards. The type of widgets available on the dashboard are related to the services that are connected to Hub.
The dashboard supports the following types of widgets:
|TeamCity||Build Artifacts||Displays a list of artifacts from a specific build configuration.|
|Investigations||Displays a list of active investigations that are assigned to you in TeamCity.|
|Project Status||Displays the status of builds in a specific project.|
|Upsource||Commits||Displays a list of VCS commits in a specific project.|
|Reviews||Displays a list of code reviews that match a specific search query.|
|YouTrack||Issues||Displays a list of issues that match a search query, saved search, project, or tag.|
|Reports||Displays the calculation of a predefined report.|
|Hub||Quick Notes||Displays whatever message you want to show on your dashboard.|
You can add as many widgets of each type to the dashboard as you like.
To add a widget to the dashboard:
You can create and view multiple dashboards, each with their own set of widgets. This feature lest you set up and monitor dashboards for different projects.
The number of available dashboards is displayed under the name of the active dashboard. The names of the previous and next dashboard on the list are also shown.
Press Shift + Left or Shift + Right to switch between dashboards.
Press Shift + Down to expand the dashboards drop-down list.
To add another dashboard:
- Click the down arrow next to the name of your current dashboard and select the Create new dashboard option.
Alternatively, press Alt + Shift + N on your keyboard.
- Enter a name for the new dashboard in the Name Your Dashboard dialog.
- Click the Create dashboard button.
— The new, empty dashboard is added to Hub.
In addition to the dashboards you create yourself, you can view dashboards that have been shared with you.
When a member of your team shares a dashboard with you directly or with a group of which you are a member, you see a link next to the name of your current dashboard. When you click this link, the name of the shared dashboard is displayed, as well as the name of the user who shared the dashboard.
- To add this dashboard to your list, select the shared dashboard and click the Add to my dashboards button.
- To remove the notification link from your dashboards, click the Dismiss link in the drop-down list.
You can still view the shared dashboard even if you have not added it to your list.
Organize a Dashboard
To organize your dashboard, all you have to do is drag the cards around the dashboard and place them in the order you like.
You can size the cards on the dashboard. Drag the edge of the card to set the height and width. The size of the card automatically snaps to the closest intersection of the grid.
To update content of a widget, click the refresh icon in the title bar.
Additional Actions for Dashboards
In addition to the option to add widgets to your dashboards, the following actions are available:
|Share||You can configure a dashboard and share it with another user or group. For more information, see Share a Dashboard.|
|Rename||You can change the name of your dashboard at any time. To access this option, click .|
|Delete||If you no longer want to use a dashboard on your list, you can delete it. To access this option, click .|
Additional Actions for Widgets
There are several operations that you can use to customize your dashboard and share its content with your team.
To open the list of actions that are available for a widget, click the down arrow in the title bar.
If a widget contains information that you want every member of your team to work with, you can share the widget.
To share a widget:
- Click the down arrow in the title bar of the widget that you want to share.
- Select the Share widget option.
- Copy the link in the dialog and send it to your team-mates.
If the person with whom you shared the widget does not have permission to view the data that is used in the widget, the widget is empty.
You can create a clone of an existing widget on your dashboard. This option comes in handy when you want to add a similar widget with minor changes.
To clone a widget:
You can move a widget from the current dashboard to another dashboard.
To move a widget to another dashboard:
- Click the down arrow in the title bar of the widget that you want to move to another dashboard.
- Select the Move to another dashboard option.
- In the Move the Widget to Another Dashboard dialog, select the name of the target dashboard.
- Click the Move button.
— The widget is moved to the selected dashboard.
If you want to modify the settings of the widgets on your dashboard, you can edit them at any time.
To edit an existing widget:
- Click the down arrow in the title bar of the widget that you want to edit.
- Select the Edit option.
- Modify the settings or content of the widget.
- For report widgets, select the report you want to display in the widget.
- For issue widgets, enter a new search query or select a different saved search, project, or tag. Click the Apply button to update the widget.
- For note widgets, edit the text in the input field. Click the Apply button to update the widget.
— The widget is updated with the new settings.
If you no longer want to see a widget on your dashboard, you can remove it.