Manage User Access
There are distinctions between the permissions that allow users to perform specific actions in Hub and permissions that allow operations in a connected service. Permissions are usually granted within a project, and provide access to specific resources that are connected to the project. For example, if you have a project in Hub that uses a YouTrack project and a TeamCity project as resources, you have YouTrack-specific permissions that apply only to operations in the YouTrack project and TeamCity-specific permissions that apply to the TeamCity project. In this case, users can have different View Project and Update Project permissions for each connected service.
You can grant permissions to a user account individually. Users also inherit the permissions that are granted to any group to which they belong as a member.
View Access Permissions
To view the access rights for a user account:
Grant a Role to a User Account
If you do not want to assign a role to all members of a group, you can assign the role to a user account directly.
To assign an individual role to a user:
- Click the Users link in the main navigation.
- Use the search box to find the desired user account.
- Select a user from the list.
- Select the Access tab.
- Click the Grant role... button.
- In the Grant Role dialog, choose a role to assign to the user.
- Select one or more projects where you want to apply the role.
- Click the Grant Role button.
Click the Permissions button to view a list of specific permissions that the user is granted by role or group membership.