Upgrade with a ZIP Distribution
You can use the ZIP distribution to upgrade an existing Hub installation that was installed with a ZIP or an MSI distribution.
Before you upgrade, create a backup of your current database. Hub does not provide forward database compatibility. Your database is migrated to the format that is compatible with the latest version during the upgrade procedure. This means that you cannot revert to a previous version and continue to use the database that was processed during the upgrade.
Copy the backup of your current database to a secure location just in case you encounter problems with the upgrade and need to roll back to the previous version.
Upgrade a ZIP or MSI Installation
Whether your Hub service was previously installed using a ZIP or an MSI distribution, you can use the ZIP distribution to upgrade to the latest version of Hub.
To upgrade an existing Hub installation:
- Download the ZIP distribution from the JetBrains website.
- Stop the Hub service. For specific instructions, see Stop and Start the Hub Service.
- Use your operating system tools to verify that all Java processes that are launched by Hub are no longer running. If there are Hub-related Java processes that are still running, kill the outstanding process trees.
- Clear out your
- For a ZIP installation, the
<hub_home>directory is the location where the ZIP distribution was unpacked during installation.
- For an MSI installation, the
Do not extract the ZIP installation file to a directory that contains old files.
We recommend that you perform the following steps:
- Rename the existing
Hub_old(you can use another name).
- Create a new
<hub_home>directory in the same location as the previous installation.
If you are upgrading an MSI installation, confirm that you have access to the
<hub_home>directory and the location that you want to use as the upgrade source.
- For a ZIP installation, the
- Extract the contents of the ZIP archive to the empty
- In a command-line interface, enter the following command to start Hub:
If you do not have a web browser installed on the host machine, enter
./hub.sh run --no-browser.
- Continue with the upgrade installation in the web-based Configuration Wizard.
- If you have a browser installed on the host machine, the Configuration Wizard opens automatically.
- If you do not have a web browser installed on the host machine, open the URL of the wizard in a web browser on another workstation. The wizard URL is printed in the console output:
JetBrains Hub <version> will be available on [<Hub Base URL>/bundle/starting] after start
- In the Configuration Wizard, click Upgrade.
- On the Select Upgrade Source page, click the Select button and select an upgrade source.
You can select the location of a backup or the location of an existing Hub installation.
- When done, click Next.
- On the Confirm Settings page, confirm or change your system settings and the location of system directories.
- When done, click Upgrade.
- Enter the credentials for the Hub administrator account and click the Log in button.
Your Hub installation is upgraded and ready to use.