- Right-click a directory where you would like to create a properties file.
- On the context menu of the target directory, choose .
- In the New File dialog box, type the file name with the corresponding extension, and click OK. Note that you can also create nested directories under locales, and add new properties files there.
While editing properties files, use the following techniques:
- Syntax highlighting: Keywords, delimiters, values and comments are highlighted. You can configure the color scheme in the Colors and Fonts page of the Settings dialog.
Code inspection detects duplicate or unused properties, and
fix the problem immediately:
- Expand word: Start typing, and press Alt+SlashAlt+SlashAlt+SlashAlt+SlashCtrl+Shift+KAlt SlashControl Period to go through the existing strings.