Sometimes you might need to run or debug a certain class with the main() method , without creating a dedicated run configuration. In this case, IntelliJ IDEA provides a temporary run configuration.
Temporary run/debug configuration is added to the list of available configurations and works same way as the permanent run/debug configurations. You can change its settings using the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box and optionally save it as permanent.
- Select the desired class with the main() method in the Project view or open it in the editor.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose or .
IntelliJ IDEA creates a temporary configuration, which appears in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list on the main toolbar when the run or debug session is over.
or . Alternatively, press
- In the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list on the main toolbar, choose .
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click the button.
- On the context menu of the editor or Project view, choose .