This section describes how to create Ant build file manually.
IntelliJ IDEA provides a framework for editing build files, but it is the developer's responsibility to populate the build file with targets.
- In the Project window, select the directory, where the build file should be created.
- Right-click the directory and choose or or or or . on the context menu, or press
- In the New File dialog, specify the name of the new file with .xml extension, for example, build.xml. The new file opens in the editor.
- Specify the build targets.
You can use the path-like structures in the
directives to define
You have to enter at least a root tag in the build.xml file. Otherwise the file will not be added to the Ant Build tool window.
- Add the build file to the project.