IntelliJ IDEA supports developing, running, and debugging Dart code. IntelliJ IDEA recognizes *.dart files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance. Dart files are marked with the icon.
Dart is intended for developing both client-side and server-side applications. IntelliJ IDEA supports both workflows.
- For running and debugging the server-side code, IntelliJ IDEA provides a dedicated run/debug configuration of the type Dart Command Line Application.
When the Dart development support is enabled, see Preparing for Dart Development, IntelliJ IDEA provides full coding assistance, which involves:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Numerous code inspections and quick-fixes.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- Code generation:
Navigation and search through the source code:
- Navigating with Structure View.
- , or , or , or , or , , or , or , , , or , or or , or , or or ). (
- or or or or or or or or or or or or ) from overridden method / subclassed class. (
In this section: