Though you can directly edit the source code of the deployment descriptor of a module with EJB facet, it is also possible to use a dedicated editor, where you can manage the contained beans, their relationships and security permissions.
You can only edit the modules that contain ejb-jar.xml descriptor. For annotations-only modules, edit the annotations manually to adjust the module settings. If both annotations and ejb-jar.xml descriptor are present in a module, the descriptor settings override annotations.
- Open the EJB tool window.
- Right-click the desired module, and do one of the following:
- Choose on the context menu.
- Press or or .
- Double-click the EJB module node.
Same way you can also open for editing the ejb-jar.xml file. In this case, in addition to the General, Method Permissions, and Transaction Attributes tabs, the editor provides the Text tab, with the EJB-aware XML editor.
- On the General tab of the editor, add new beans, edit existing beans, or delete them.
- On the Method Permissions tab, configure security roles.
- On the Transaction Attributes tab, specify transaction attributes for the bean methods.