This section describes some general techniques applicable to the various types of diagrams (Hibernate and JPA ER diagrams, Seam navigation rules, Grails domain classes dependencies etc.)
In this section:
- Selecting elements in diagram.
- Managing diagram layout.
- Zooming in and out.
- Using the magnifier tool.
- Navigating to source code.
- Invoking refactoring commands.
- Finding usages of the selected node element.
- Drawing links between node elements.
- To select an element, just click it in diagram.
- To select multiple adjacent elements, keep pressed and click the desired elements, or just drag a lasso around the elements to be selected.
- To select multiple non-adjacent elements, keep pressed and click the desired elements.
- To select a member of a node element, double-click the node element, and then use the arrow keys, or the mouse pointer.
- Right-click the diagram background, and choose command of the diagram context menu. Next, select the desired layout from the submenu.
- Use Drag-and-drop technique to lay out entities in diagram manually.
- Apply the current layout selected on the context menu of the diagram, by clicking .
- Use the and toolbar buttons.
- Keeping key pressed, rotate your mouse wheel up or down.
As you zoom in or out, the size of the shadow area in the diagram preview changes accordingly.
- Keep the
- Select an element in diagram.
- Do one of the following:
- On the context menu of the diagram, choose
- Press or or .
- Double-click selected element.
The source code of the corresponding source file opens in a separate tab in the editor.
- Click the source node, and drag a link to the target node. This technique slightly differs for the various types of diagrams. Refer to the corresponding procedures for details.