IntelliJ IDEA provides a user-friendly visual interface for managing Struts elements which includes:
- Creating, editing, and removing elements.
- Handling attributes of elements.
- Specifying and editing elements' properties and attributes.
The set of actions and attributes available for a specific element depends on its nature.
- Open struts-config.xml.
- Switch to the Struts Assistant tool window, tab Struts.
- Right-click the corresponding element type in the Structure Tree and select the action from the context menu.
- Specify the properties of the new element in the Properties Table.
Alternatively, right-click the element in the tree and select or or . This will bring you to struts-config.xml in the text view where you can specify the element's properties manually. IntelliJ IDEA displays a template for specifying the properties that are mandatory for the elements of the specific type.or press
- Right-click it in the Structure Tree and select the action from the context menu.
All types of elements are created and removed in the same way.
- Select it in the Structure Tree or on the Struts Web Flow Diagram and make the necessary changes in the Properties Table.
- To add an attribute to the element, right-click the element in the Structure Tree and select in the context menu.
- Specify the properties of the attribute in the Properties Table.
- To remove an attribute, right-click it in the
in the context menu
When you remove an attribute, its nested properties are removed as well.