Use the Structure pop-up window or the Structure tool window to quickly jump to the desired member of a file in the editor. The Structure views provide quick navigation for all supported file types.
Besides that, navigation with the Structure pop-up window is also available for diagrams.
- Choose or or . on the main menu or press
- In the File Structure pop-up window that opens select the Narrow down the list on typing check box
and start typing the desired member name.
You can include the members, inherited from the parent classes, by checking the option Show inherited members or pressing or or again.
- Use the navigation keys to select the desired node. Then do one of the following:
- If the cursor rests on a top or intermediate node (for example, class or element ), double-click this node or press or or to jump to its declaration in the editor. to expand it in the Structure pop-up, or press
- If the cursor rests on a leaf node (for example, a member , or lowest-level element ), double-click this node or press to jump to its declaration in the editor.
In the case of an inherited member, the respective parent class opens in the editor.
You can also use the Structure tool window ( or or ). This view is flexibly configurable and useful for many tasks, apart from navigation. However, the File Structure pop-up window is the easiest way for quick navigation.