In IntelliJ IDEA, you can run and debug Groovy scripts using the regular procedures:
Besides executing a Groovy script with the permanent run/debug configuration, you can use a temporary one, which is available at the context menu of a script:
- Launch the debugger session, as described in the section Debugging.
- When you reach a breakpoint, where you want to evaluate expression, press .
- In the Code Fragment Evaluation dialog box, select Groovy from the
Language drop-down list, type the desired expression, and click Evaluate:
Click thumbnail to view larger image.
- Running Applications
- Creating and Editing Run/Debug Configurations
- Creating and Saving Temporary Run/Debug Configurations