When running an application, IntelliJ IDEA uses the settings defined in the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box. All run configurations that exist in a project, are available in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list on the main toolbar:
On the main toolbar, select the desired run configuration, and do one of the following:
- Choose on the main menu.
- Click .
- Press or .
If the options that launch build before running were enabled, IntelliJ IDEA will run the build , and after successful build will run the application. Otherwise, the program will start immediately.
Alternatively, press, select the desired run configuration from the pop-up menu, and press .
From this pop-up menu you can:
- Invoke Edit Configuration dialog.
- Edit the selected configuration before launch ( or or ).
- Instantly delete a temporary configuration ( or , or , or , or ).
- Switch from run to debug and vice versa (hold ).
- Access a previously selected configuration ( ).
- Access context-dependent configuration ( or ).
This pop-up menu can also be quickly accessed by pressing, when you're not running any debug session.
- Open the class in the editor and choose or . on the context menu or press
- Select the class in the Project tool window and choose on the context menu of the selection.