In this section:
You can invoke UML class diagram from different places:
- From the various tool windows.
- From the Navigation bar.
- From the Structure tool window.
- From the editor.
IntelliJ IDEA displays UML diagrams in two modes:
- In a pop-up window.
- In a separate editor tab.
- Select the desired item, or open it in the editor.
- Do one of the following:
- On the context menu of the selection, click , and on the submenu, select the way you want to view the model: or .
- Press or .
You can open UML class diagram without using your pointing device. Consider such workflow: press or , then press .
It is possible to view a UML class diagram of a Java package. Just select a Java package in the Project tool window, and press: