Quick Documentation Lookup helps you get quick information for any symbol or just method signature information, provided that this symbol has been supplied with Documentation comments in the applicable format.
IntelliJ IDEA recognizes inline documentation created in accordance with Javadoc markup.
So doing, such documentation is properly rendered in the Quick Documentation Lookup window:
In this section:
- Viewing quick documentation.
- Changing font size in the quick documentation window.
- Toolbar of the quick documentation window.
- Tips and Tricks
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press or or or or or or or , or , or or or .
- 13.0+Provided that the check box Show quick doc on mouse move in the editor settings is selected, just move your mouse pointer over the desired symbol.
When you explicitly invoke code completion, then quick documentation for an entry selected in the suggestion list can be displayed automatically. The behavior of quick documentation lookup is configured in the Code Completion page of the Settings dialog.
- Click in the upper-right corner of the quick documentation window, and move the slider.
- Rotate the mouse wheel while keeping the key pressed.
Toolbar of the Quick Documentation Lookup
The Quick Documentation Lookup window helps navigate to the related symbols via hyperlinks, and provides a toolbar for moving back and forth through the already navigated pages, change font size, and viewing documentation in an external browser.
When pinned, the Quick Documentation Lookup turns into Documentation Tool Window, with the corresponding sidebar icon, and more controls.
|or or||Navigate to the previous or next screen after using hyperlinks in the definition.
On a OS X computer, you can also use the three-finger right-to-left and left-to-right swipe gestures.
|or||View external documentation in the default browser.|
|Click this button to show font size slider. Move the slider to increase or decrease the font size in the quick documentation window as required.|
Tips and tricks
- Sequential pressing or or or or or or or , or , or or or toggles the focus of the Quick Documentation pop-up window and Documentation Tool Window.