Preparing to Develop a Google App for PHP Application
IntelliJ IDEA takes care of creating the specific directory structure and settings. IntelliJ IDEA can either generate a Google App Engine for PHP-specific project stub or you can enable support of Google App Engine for PHP in an existing project.
- Before You Start
- Creating a Google App Engine for PHP Application Project Stub
- Activating the Google App Engine Support in an Existing Project
Before You Start
- Download and install Python, version 2.7.
- Download and install the Google App Engine for PHP.
- Install and enable the Google App Engine Support for PHP plugin as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Create a Google account at http://www.google.com.
- Create an application on the Create application page of the Google App Engine and remember its application ID, you will have to specify it during the creation of a project.
Creating a Google App Engine for PHP Application Project Stub
- Choose New Project button on the Welcome screen. On the first page of the New Project wizard, choose PHP in the left-hand pane. on the main menu or click the
- In the right-hand pane, choose App Engine Project and click Next.
On the second page of the wizard, specify the following:
- The name of the project and the folder to create it in.
- The version of the template to use.
- In the Application ID text box, type the identifier of your application as you specified it on the Create application page.
- In the SDK directory test box, specify the path to the folder where the Google App Engine SDK for PHP is installed.
- The location of the Python executable file. Type the path manually in the Python executable text box or click the Browse button and choose the Python executable in the dialog box that opens.
IntelliJ IDEA creates a project with the
and the app.yaml configuration file.
app.yaml file contains the generated settings for
the runtime (should be
the application version (by default is 1),
the threadsafe element
with the value
true to enable sending multiple, parallel requests,
and the Script handlers
script (with the value
Activating the Google App Engine Support in an Existing Project
- Open the Settings dialog box by choosing and expand the Languages & Frameworks node. Then click Google App Engine for PHP under PHP.
On the Google App Engine for PHP page that opens,
select the Enable Google App Engine for PHP support check box and specify the following:
- The folder where the Google App Engine for PHP SDK is stored.
- The path to the Python 2.7 executable file.
- In the App Engine Account Settings area, choose the way to authenticate to the development server, the available options are: