- Spring AOP/@AspectJ
- AspectJ Support
On this page:
On other pages in this section:
Overview of AspectJ support
AspectJ support in IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate includes:
Ability to create aspects in two forms: as
.javafiles containing classes annotated with
- Coding assistance (including code completion) when writing aspect code. For annotation-style aspects, the coding assistance is provided in full; for code-style aspects, the assistance is limited to inter-type declarations.
- Ability to perform basic aspect refactorings such as Rename and Move, and also the Push ITDs In refactoring for inter-type declarations.
Integration with the AcpectJ compiler
ajcwhich you can run right from the IDE. (This compiler is part of the AspectJ distribution which you can download from the AspectJ website.)
Ability to configure
ajcat the project level with an option of fine-tuning its use at the level of individual modules.
Overview of using AspectJ support
The tasks that are specific to AspectJ are outlined below. For general instructions, see How-to.
Make sure that:
- You are using the Ultimate Edition of IntelliJ IDEA. AspectJ is not supported in the Community Edition.
- The Spring AOP/@AspectJ and the AspectJ Support plugins are enabled. See Enabling AspectJ Support Plugins.
- Download and install AspectJ.
Create a library containing
aspectjrt.jarand add this library to dependencies of the modules in which you are going to develop your aspects. Once you have installed AspectJ, you can find
<AspectJ installation directory>\lib. See Creating a Library for aspectjrt.jar.
- Create aspect files and develop the code. Note that code- and annotation-style aspects are supported.
- If necessary, refactor the aspect code.
To use the AspectJ compiler,
configure the compiler settings.
The compiler (
ajc) is in
aspectjtools.jarwhich is located in
<AspectJ installation directory>\lib.
To fine-tune the use of
ajcat the level of individual modules, add AspectJ facets to corresponding modules and adjust the facet settings accordingly.
Last modified: 10 December 2015