Enabling Profiling with Zend Debugger
Xdebug profiler is incorporated in the Zend Debugger tool. Therefore you only need to download, install, and enable Xdebug itself.
To enable profiling with Zend Debugger, perform these general steps:
Configuring Zend Debugger
- Download and install the Zend Debugger tool.
- Integrate Zend Debugger with the PHP engine.
- Integrate Xdebug with IntelliJ IDEA.
Configuring the Way to Toggle the Profiler from the Browser
To specify the GET/POST or COOKIE parameters, do one of the following:
Generate the bookmarklets to toggle the debugger through.
These bookmarklets will appear on the toolbar of your browser.
They provide control over the debugger cookie, through them you will activate and deactivate the debugger.
Enable the Bookmarks toolbar in your browser by doing one of the following depending on the browser type:
- In Firefox, choose .
- In Chrome, choose .
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by choosing . Expand the Languages&Frameworks node, and then click Debug under PHP.
- On the Debug page, that opens, click the Use debugger bookmarklets to initiate debugger from your favorite browser link.
- On the Zend Debugger & Xdebug bookmarklets page that opens, check the debugging engine settings and click Generate. The bookmarks for listed debugging-related actions are generated.
- Drag the generated links to the bookmark toolbar in your browser.
- Enable the Bookmarks toolbar in your browser by doing one of the following depending on the browser type:
- Specify the values manually.