The search command Colors and Fonts settings page, to represent read or write access to the symbol. In addition to the highlights of occurrences in text, the stripes of the same colors appear in the marker bar, accompanied with tooltips.(Ctrl+Shift+F7) makes it possible to visualize usages of a symbol in the current file. In particular, it is possible to highlight implemented methods of interfaces. All found usages of a symbol in the current file are highlighted and color-coded, as defined in the
The behavior of usage highlighting is configurable: you can make IntelliJ IDEA show usages of a symbol at caret automatically, or invoke it with a command.
This section describes how to:
- configure highlight usages behavior
- highlight usages
- highlight implemented methods
- navigate among usages
- remove highlighting
To configure highlight usages behavior
To highlight usages of a symbol in the current file
- Place the caret at the selected symbol in the editor. If automatic usages highlighting is enabled, see all its occurrences in the current file highlighted. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+Shift+F7.
To highlight overridden methods
- In a class that implements one or more interfaces, place the caret at the
implementskeyword in the class declaration.
- On the main menu, choose
- Select the interface, whose methods you want to highlight, and press Enter.
To navigate among usages, do one of the following
- Click on a stripe in the marker bar to navigate to the respective usage location.
- Use F3 and Shift+F3 keyboard shortcuts, to navigate to the next and previous usages respectively.
To remove highlighting of usages
- Press Escape.