IntelliJ IDEA supports the Struts 2 framework for creating Java EE and Web Applications.
Struts 2 support is enabled through the Web and Struts 2 facets. The dedicated facets that contain settings, configuration file paths, and validation rules determine the structure of the module so that IntelliJ IDEA detects how to treat the module contents.
A Struts 2 facet can be only created as a child of a Web facet. Only one Struts 2 facet is allowed in a module.
IntelliJ IDEA provides the following support of the Struts 2 framework:
- Automatic creation of the specific module structure and the Web application deployment descriptor
web.xmlbased on the dedicated Web facet.
- Downloading and adding the necessary libraries automatically and creating the Struts 2
application configuration file
struts.xmlbased on the dedicated Struts 2 facet.
- A file set manager, library validator, and automatic detection of configuration settings.
- Coding assistance, including code completion, syntax and error highlighting, documentation lookup, and refactoring.
- Multiple code inspections that spot code issues specific for Struts 2.
- Smart navigation across Java, JSP and XML files.
- Graphic view for the
- Java EE preview for JSP and JSF pages.
- Structure tool window that provides navigation across the native Struts 2 application structure and displays Struts 2 actions.