Viewing Structure of a Source File
You can examine the structure of the file currently opened in the editor using the Structure tool window or the Structure pop-up window.
By default, IntelliJ IDEA shows all the namespaces, classes, methods, and functions presented in the current file.
To have other members displayed, turn on the corresponding options on the context menu of the title bar of the Structure window.
On this page:
- Viewing the structure of a file
- Displaying class fields
- Displaying inherited members
- Displaying included files
To view the file structure, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose .
- Pres StructureTool Button
- Press Alt+7.
- Press Ctrl+F12.
To have class fields displayed
- Turn on the Show Fields option on the context menu of the title bar.
To have inherited members displayed
- Click Show Inherited option on the context menu of the title bar.
By default, IntelliJ IDEA shows only methods, constants, and fields defined in the current class. If shown, inherited members are displayed gray.
To have included files displayed
- Turn on Show Includes option on the context menu of the title bar.