IntelliJ IDEA provides CoffeeScript support.
IntelliJ IDEA recognizes
*.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side.
CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
In this section:
Preparing for CoffeeScript development
To prepare for CoffeeScript development, follow these steps
Make sure the CoffeeScript and Node.js plugins are installed and enabled.
These plugins are not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA, but they are available from the JetBrains plugin repository. Once enabled, the plugins are available at the IDE level, that is, you can use them in all your IntelliJ IDEA projects. See Enabling and Disabling Plugins for details.
- Download and install the Node.js framework.
Configure the Node.js interpreter in IntelliJ IDEA:
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- CoffeeScript-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: