Creating Method Breakpoints
Method breakpoints let you follow the program flow at the method level.
In this section:
- Creating method breakpoints in the editor
- Creating method breakpoints using the Breakpoints dialog
- Deleting method breakpoints
Creating method breakpoints in the editor
- Place the caret inside the method where you want to toggle a method breakpoint.
On the main menu, choose. Method breakpoint appears
at the method declaration.
A balloon appears, informing you about the possible slow-down of the debugging process:
Alternatively, just click the left gutter at the method declaration.
Creating method breakpoints using the Breakpoints dialog
- On the main menu, choose, or pressCtrl+Shift+F8.
- In the Breakpoints dialog box that opens, click.
- Select Method Breakpoint from the drop-down list.
- In the Add Method Breakpoint dialog box, specify the class name pattern, including the package name, and the name of the desired method.
When a debugging session starts, the application will pause in all classes with the names matching the specified pattern, at the specified method.
Deleting method breakpoints
- Click the method breakpoint icon in the left gutter.
- On the main menu, choose Run | Toggle Method Breakpoint.