In this section:
Full coding assistance:
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Support of the strict mode standard.
- Support for ECMAScript.
- Initial support of ECMAScript Harmony.
- Generating code stubs based on file templates during file creation.
- Possibility to create line and block comments (Ctrl+Slash/Ctrl+Shift+Slash).
- Unwrapping and removing statements.
- Possibility to build and view type, method and call hierarchies
Numerous ways to navigate through the source code, among them:
- Navigating with Structure Views.
- Show/Goto Implementation (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Advanced facilities for searching through the source code.
- Support of the JSDoc format and generating documentation comments.
- Viewing reference information:
- Launching applications directly from IntelliJ IDEA by opening the starting application HTML page in the default IntelliJ IDEA browser.
- A dedicated debug configuration for launching debugging sessions directly from IntelliJ IDEA.
- Tight integration with related frameworks and technologies: AJAX, JQuery, YUI, DoJo, Prototype, MooTools, Qooxdoo, and Bindows:
- Create a project to implement your application. On the first page of the New Project wizard, select Static Web.
- Populate the project. Use the following IntelliJ IDEA facilities, where applicable:
- Run your application by opening its starting HTML page in the IntelliJ IDEA default browser.
Debug your application.