Running Nodeunit Tests
To create and run unit tests for a Node.js application, perform these general steps
This topic provides guidelines in Node.js-specific unit testing procedures. For general information on testing in IntelliJ IDEA, see the section Testing.
Enabling unit testing for Node.js applications
- Download, install, and enable the Node.js plugin. The plugin is not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Download and install the nodeunit testing framework
Creating Nodeunit tests
Creating a Nodeunit run configuration
- Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by choosing on the main menu.
- Click the Add button on the toolbar and select the Nodeunit configuration type.
In the dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- The name to identify the configuration.
The path to the NodeJS installation to use.
If you have appointed one of the installations as default, the field displays the path to its executable file.
The working directory. This can be the project root folder or the parent directory for the
The scope of tests to run.
- Apply the changes and close the dialog box.