Tiles is a templating system to create a common look and feel for a Web application.
Tiles are managed through creating, editing, and removing tile definitions, which describe tile
attributes and tile elements. Tile definitions are specified in the
which is created when you enable tiles support.
With IntelliJ IDEA, you can edit the
file in the Struts Assistant tool window,
which provides two synchronized views: the
the Properties Table.
Tiles are removed in the same way as other Struts elements.
Editing a tile includes editing its properties and handling its attributes: forwards, exceptions, and set properties.
To create a tile
- Enable tiles support.
- To add a tile definition, add the
- Switch to the Struts Assistant tool window, tab Tiles. A new Definition node appears in the Structure Tree.
- Specify the attributes of the new tile in the Properties Table.
Alternatively, right-click the tile in the tree and select or press F4. This will bring you to
tiles-defs.xmlwhere you can specify the tile's attributes manually. IntelliJ IDEA displays a template for specifying the mandatory attributes.
To remove a tile
To edit a tile
- Select it in the Structure Tree.
- To edit the attributes of the tile, make the necessary changes in the Properties Table.
- To manage the elements of a tile, use the Structure Tree and the Properties Table.
The elements are created, edited, and removed in the same way as common Struts elements.