Viewing Code Coverage Results
Viewing code coverage helps you detect pieces of your source code that are not affected by simulation.
To view code coverage results
- Do one of the following:
- View coverage results:
- In the Project tool window:
- In the dedicated Coverage tool window:
- Open in the editor the files you want to explore.
- Use the color indicators in the left gutter to detect the uncovered lines of code.
- To find out how many times a line has been hit, click the line in the gutter area.
The pop-up window that opens shows the statistic for the line at caret. For lines with conditions, the pop-up window also provides statistic on the number of true and false hits.
Use the following toolbar buttons:
- : jump to the next/previous groups of covered or uncovered lines.
: view JUnit tests that cover the line at caret.
The test that covers the line at caret, is shown in a pop-up window:
- : show byte code of the current class in a pop-up window:
- : open the General page of the Colors and Fonts settings, with the line Full line coverage highlighted.
- : hide coverage information.
- Create missing tests, as described in the section Creating Tests.