Creating a Maven Module
Maven module enables managing Maven projects, executing Maven goals, downloading artifacts, etc.
When a Maven project is created, its contents is shown in the Maven Projects
tool window, and the powerful editing assistance is available for the
To create a Maven module from scratch
- Open the project you want to add a module to, and select File | New | Module.
- On the first page of the wizard, in the left-hand pane, select Maven.
In the right-hand part of the page:
- Specify the SDK (JDK) to be used.
- If you want to create a Maven module based on one of the Maven Archetypes, select the Create from archetype check box, and select the desired archetype from the list.
- On the Maven page of the wizard, specify the aggregator and parent Maven projects, if any, and Maven project coordinates. Note that if a parent Maven project is specified, the new Maven project can inherit its GroupId and ArtifactId.
- Specify the name and location settings for your module. For more information, see Module Name and Location.