Creating and Importing Joomla! Projects
In this section:
Creating a IntelliJ IDEA project with Joomla! Intergation support
- Choose on the main menu or click the New Project button on the Welcome screen. The Project Category and Options dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose PHP from the list, then choose Joomla! Integration in the right-hand pane, and then click Next.
- On the second page of the wizard, specify the project name and the folder where it will be created and provide the following Joomla!-specific information:
Importing a Joomla! project
Besides creating a project anew according to the Joomla! template, you can open an existing Joomla! project in IntelliJ IDEA. IntelliJ IDEA recognizes the Joomla!-specific structure and suggests activating the Joomla! support in project.
- Open the folder with the required Joomla! project by choosing .
- As soon as IntelliJ IDEA detects the Joomla!-specific structure in the project, the following message is displayed in a pop-up window: Click the Enable link.
- In a message about the detected PSR roots, choose to configure the roots automatically.
- In a message about DocBlock templates, click the link Install.
Note the following:
- You can update integration settings at any time later in the for Windows and Linux or for OS X.
- When using the Joomla! Support pop-up:
- If you prefer NOT enabling Joomla! support, just ignore the pop-up, and it will vanish.
- The decision "Do not ask again" is project-wide.
- You can always enable Joomla! support as described in the section Configuring Joomla! Support.