Editing Model Dependency Diagrams
Once a model exists in a IntelliJ IDEA project, it can be shown in a Model Dependency diagram either by adding, or by dragging. So doing, all relationship links between models are built automatically.
It is also possible to remove from view the models that are irrelevant to the current presentation. So doing, no files are physically deleted.
A new model can be created from a Model Dependency diagram, as described in the section Creating Models.
To add a model to a Model Dependency diagram
- Press Space.
- Type the name of the desired model in the dialog box that opens.
- Select model from the suggestion list, and press Enter.
To drag a model to a Model Dependency diagram
- Select the desired model in the Rails view.
- Drag and drop the selected model to the Model Dependency diagram background.
To remove elements from view
- In the diagram, select one or more elements to be deleted.
- Press Delete.