In this section:
- Creating Kotlin-JVM Project
- Converting a Java File to Kotlin File
- Mixing Java and Kotlin in One Project
Before you start working with Kotlin, make sure that the Kotlin plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA and is activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Kotlin support in IntelliJ IDEA
Kotlin support in IntelliJ IDEA includes:
- Dedicated file type, denoted with icon.
- File and Code Templates for creating Kotlin symbols, which allows producing the Kotlin classes , interfaces , enums and objects .
For details, refer to this tutorial.
- Kotlin compiler configuration.
Last modified: 21 March 2017