Move Attribute In
The Move Attribute In refactoring allows you to move attributes defined on a set of XML tags inward to a set of subtags. If this refactoring is invoked, all attributes matching the selected attribute name on tags with the selected tag name may be moved inward toward a subtag of a given name. This bulk modification of attribute values may be useful as XML schemas evolve.
Moving an attribute into a subtag
- In the editor, place the cursor within the attribute to be moved.
- Select Refactor | XML Refactorings | Move Attribute In from the main or the context menu.
- Determine the subtag to move the attribute to.
- Determine the scope of the change. All attributes matching the name of the attribute selected on the tag selected will be modified, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected attribute Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.
Pressing Show XSLT... opens the XSLT preview window displaying an small fragment of XSLT equivalent to the refactoring requested. This fragment can be used by XSLT processors to perform the requested refactoring on files external to your IntelliJ IDEA project.
The Refactoring preview window may appear anyway, if the files to be affected are read-only.