On this page:
Resource bundle is a set of properties files that have same base name with
different language-specific suffixes. A resource bundle contains at least two properties files with
similar base name, for example
IntelliJ IDEA recognizes resource bundles, and marks them with the icon .
IntelliJ IDEA supports the following features for the resource bundles:
- Action for creating new resource bundles.
- Actions for combining and dissociating properties files.
- Dedicated Resource Bundle Editor.
- Error highlighting for the missing properties or values.
- Refactoring for resource bundles includes Rename, Move, Copy and Safe Delete.
Creating resource bundles
To create a new resource bundle, follow these steps
- In the Project tool window, choose the directory where the new resource bundle should be created.
- Do one of the following:
- In the dialog box that opens, do the following:
The new node Resource Bundle '<base name>' appears in the Project Tool Window:
Combining or dissociating properties
By default, when a new resource bundle is created, it shows joined. You can dissociate it and show the properties files only.