Ruby Language Support
- IntelliJ IDEA supports the following range of Ruby SDK versions:
- 1.9.x, with the lambda syntax, local variables semantics, new method parameters declarations, etc.
- 2.0, with named arguments, Ruby 2.0 debugger, %i/%I syntax parsing, prepend support.
- 2.1 and 2.2.
- 2.3 with the
- Code completion, resolve and documentation include new additions to version 2.3,
- Safe navigation operator, with the new Ruby intention actions Replace safe navigation with chained calls conjunction and Replace safe navigation with nested nil checks, and Ruby code inspection that suggests replacement of chained && checks to safe navigation operator usage.
- squiggly HEREDOCS support
- Language level is detected and derived from SDK.
- Depending on your platform, you can use IronRuby, MacRuby, Rubinius, MRI Ruby, or JRuby.
- IntelliJ IDEA supports cygwin as the Ruby interpreter platform.
Ruby- and Ruby-on-Rails- specific procedures
The following sections contain procedures that pertain to both pure Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails programming.
Last modified: 21 March 2017