Creating Ant Build File
This section describes how to create the Ant build file manually.
IntelliJ IDEA provides a framework for editing build files, but it is the developer's responsibility to populate the build file with targets.
Creating Ant build file
- In the Project window, select the directory, where the build file should be created.
- Right-click the directory and choose on the context menu, or press Alt+Insert.
- In the New File dialog, specify the name of the new file with
.xmlextension, for example,
build.xml. The new file opens in the editor.
- Specify the build targets. You can use the path-like structures in the
dirsetdirectives to define
You have to enter at least a root tag in the
build.xmlfile. Otherwise the file will not be added to the Ant Build tool window.
- Add the build file to the project.