Executing Maven Goal
There are two ways to execute a Maven goal:
- Use Run Goal command, which produces the same result as launching
mvnfrom the command line.
- Run the Maven goal as an application with a Maven-specific run/debug configuration, which can be stored and reused for debugging Maven plugins.
Results are displayed in the console of the Run tool window.
To build a lifecycle phase or a plugin
- Select the desired node in the Maven Projects tool window.
- Choose on the context menu of the selection.
To run a Maven goal as an application, do one of the following
- Perform the regular procedure, as described in the section Running Applications.
- Perform the shortcut procedure, which uses a Maven-specific run/debug configuration for each goal:
Select the desired node in the Maven Projects tool window, and choose Run <goal>[run/debug configuration] on the context menu, or press Ctrl+Shift+F10.