Installing Components Separately
The installation procedure for PHP environment components may differ depending on the operating system used, follow the installation instructions provided.
In this section:
- Installing and configuring the components separately
- Checking the Web server installation
- Checking the PHP engine installation
To install and configure each component separately
To check the Web server installation
To check the PHP engine installation
Finally, make sure that the PHP engine has been installed successfully and interacts with the Web server correctly.
- Using a text processor of your choice, create a file
test.phpand type the following text:
<?php echo phpinfo();?>
- Save the file on the Web server, in the folder the PHP engine looks at.
- Run the browser and enter the following URL address:
http://localhost:<port number>/test.php. The page that opens should show detailed information on the version of PHP engine used, the location of the configuration files, etc.