Interactive Rebase Dialog
The dialog box opens when you click Rebase in the Rebase branches dialog box, with the Interactive check box selected.
Use this dialog box to define the order in which commits should be applied, squash or edit commits before applying, skip commits that contain extraneous changes, etc.
|Action||Use this drop-down list to define the action that must be applied to the selected commit. The available options are: |
- Pick: select this option to apply the selected commit as is.
- Edit: select this option to edit the files and/or the commit message before applying the selected commit.
- Skip: select this option to ignore the selected commit.
- Squash: select this option to combine the selected commit with the previous commit.
- Reword: select this option if you want to edit the commit message for the selected commit before applying it.
- Fixup: select this option to combine the selected commit with the previous one, and construct a commit message from the previous commit message with the "fixup!" prefix.
|Commit||This read-only field displays the hash of the selected commit.|
|Comment||This read-only field shows the comment supplied for the selected commit.|
|View||Click this button to view the files affected in the selected commit.|
|Move Up/Move Down||Use these buttons to change the order in which commits should be applied.|
Last modified: 18 July 2017