In this section:
- Support for rbenv-gemsets plugin
- File .rbenv-gemset
- Important note about remote interpreters
IntelliJ IDEA supports
rbenv versions up to the latest.
At startup, IntelliJ IDEA scans your
~/.rbenv folder , and automatically configures SDK's for each Ruby interpreter . The detected interpreters are shown in the Modules page of the Project Structure Dialog dialog .
rbenvis installed on your computer.
- Ruby interpreters are installed.
- IntelliJ IDEA supports
rbenvRuby interpreters installed in the default
rbenvis incompatible with
rvm! Any references to
rvmshould be removed before using
Support for rbenv-gemsets plugin
IntelliJ IDEA supports rbenv-gemsets plugin for *NIX and macOS.
- The gemsets are shown as the children of
rbenvSDK. When a gemset is selected, its gems are shown to the right,
rbenvSDK with gemsets is selected, then all the gems of this SDK and the gemsets are shown.
- IntelliJ IDEA provides libraries for gems from the current gemset list ( by '.
rbenv-gemsets') including the default 'global' gemset
- IntelliJ IDEA invokes all commands with the environment of the specified gemsets and selected SDK ( e.g.
$ RBENV_GEMSETS="gemset1 gemset2" RBENV_VERSION="1.9.3-p125" #command)
IntelliJ IDEA provides code insight for the
- Code highlighting
- IntelliJ IDEA provides code completion for the current SDK gemsets in the
- IntelliJ IDEA provides the ability to create a new gemset using the quick fix Create gemset <gemset name>. Just press Alt+Enter on a new name in the