Searching Through the Source Code
IntelliJ IDEA provides extensive search and replace capabilities, which includes basic search and replace, search and replace in paths, finding usages, code-aware structural search and more. Some of the replacement facilities (like renaming classes and members) are performed by means of refactorings.
All the search commands can be found under the node of the menu.
In this part you will learn how to:
- Find and replace text in the current file.
- Find specific word.
- Search and replace across the project.
- Find usages.
- Highlight usages.
- View usages of a symbol across the project, and jump to the desired usage.
- Work with the search results.
- Perform structural search and replacement using a template.
Tutorials and Examples:
Last modified: 18 July 2017